There are now a whole host of apps that you can download directly to your smartphone or Android device that will give you the ability to control your TV, home theatre systems and streaming boxes. Android smartphones with IR blasters possess the ability to communicate with any device that receives commands via infrared light beams. For many, the most practical application of using this function is to control your Smart TV.
There are many Android universal remote apps available for download on Google Play and the App Store but the easiest one to use by far is Google’s Android TV Remote Control App. Below we’ve gathered all the information needed in a quick guide to help you set up the app so that you can navigate the controls of your TV directly from your Android smartphone or device. Now that’s smart!
Step 1: Download and Set Up
- Visit Google Play or the App Store and download and install the Android TV Remote Control app.
- Be certain that your smartphone or device is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your smart TV.
- Open the Android TV Remote Control app on your device.
- Select the name of your Android TV.
- A pin will appear on the screen of your TV. Enter this pin on your device.
- Then select “Pair”.
- This step can also be completed using Bluetooth as an alternative.
Android devices are wonderful things and at All Slots Casino you can play mobile Bingo Bonanza anytime, anywhere! Don’t delay, grab your Android and play today!
Step 2: Customise the Remote Layout
- Google’s Android TV Remote Control App allows you to choose from two layouts for your remote.
- To change the layout, type “Menu: and select either “D-pad” or “Touchpad”.
- The D-pad option will seem familiar as it uses a standard remote layout, identical to conventional TV remotes.
- Tap the corresponding arrows to move up, down, right and left.
- To select, simply tap the centre circle.
- The Touchpad layout is touch sensitive and the controls are simple and intuitive.
- Swipe your device’s screen in the corresponding direction to move up, down, left and right.
- Tap anywhere on your device’s screen to select an action.
This Android TV Remote Control app (and many other like it) will only work if you have an Android or Smart TV. You can set up your Android TV just as easily by using your Android device or smartphone. Take special note that this feature is only available on Android TV’s that are running Android 6.0 or higher. Follow these simple instructions for an easy and hassle free set-up.
- Once you’ve finished connecting the cables of your Android TV, power up and you’ll see a message appear on your TV screen asking whether you have an Android phone or tablet. Select “Yes” then continue with the remainder of the steps described below on your phone.
- On your Android phone or tablet, locate the Google search box on your home screen.
- Type “set up my device” in the search box or you the device’s AI assistant and just say “OK Google, set up my device.”
- Select the name of your Android TV from the list. The name will appear on your TV screen.
- A code will appear on both your TV screen and Android device. Select “Next” to confirm that these codes match.
- Select a Wi-Fi network for your Android TV to connect to, as well as the account you want to use to manage your TV with.
Sound good to you? Using your Android as TV remote has never been easier. Are you keen to give it a try?