How to Play Sic Bo
Sic Bo is an ancient Chinese dice game. The name Sic Bo literally means "dice pair"; the name is somewhat of a misnomer, since the game is actually played with three dice. This ancient game can now be played in the modern online casino.
The Rules of Sic Bo
The rules of Sic Bo are easy to understand. The object of a Sic Bo game is to wager on the outcome of the roll of the three dice. You make your bet by first choosing your chip size, and then placing your chips on the area of the Sic Bo table corresponding to the bet you want to make. If you are playing online Sic Bo, you do it all with a couple of clicks of your mouse: first on the Plus or Minus button to select your chip size, then on the appropriate areas of the virtual Sic Bo table to place your bets. Remember that you can make multiple Sic Bo bets on the same roll of the Sic Bo dice, and they can be for different amounts if you so choose.
The Online Sic Bo Bets
The great thing about online Sic Bo is the wide variety of different bets you can make. There is a correspondingly wide variety of odds and payouts, ranging from even money to 180-to-1, for winning Sic Bo bets.
These are some of the possible online Sic Bo bets:
- Specific Triple: You can bet on a specific triple such as, for example, triple 4s. You win the bet if all three dice come up showing 4.
- Any Triple: You win this bet if all three dice show the same number, regardless of which number it is.
- Specific Double: You win if at least two of the three dice show the specific number that you bet on.
- Total: You win if the sum of the three dice adds up to the specific total score that you bet on. If you bet on Total 12, you will win with 3-4-5, with 2-4-6, with 4-4-4, with 2-5-5, or with any other combination that adds up to 12.
- Small: You win if the total sum of the three dice is between 4 and 10, but is not a triple.
- Big: You win if the total sum of the three dice is between 11 and 17, but is not a triple.
- Two-Dice Combination: You can bet that at least two different specific numbers, such as 1 and 5, will show on at least two of the dice.
- Single-Die Bet: You win if at least one of the dice shows the specific number that you bet on.
Winning at Sic Bo
After you place your Sic Bo bet, the croupier will shake up the cage with the dice in them. If you are playing Sic Bo online, you click the Roll button. Either way, the three dice will roll around and eventually come to rest. The areas of the Sic Bo table corresponding to all winning bets will then light up.
For example, if the dice show the numbers 1, 3, and 3, the following winning bets will all light up on the table: small, total 7, double 3, two-dice combination 1 & 3, single die 1, and single die 3.
Each Sic Bo bet has different payout odds. The good news is that you do not have to study them or memorize them. They are all printed clearly on the Sic Bo table. The lowest payout is 1-to-1 for the small or big bets. The highest payout in online Sic Bo is 180-to-1 for a winning specific triple bet. The great variety of possible Sic Bo bets means that you have many chances to win at Sic Bo, so try playing Sic Bo today and enjoy this unusual and exciting online casino game!